Monday 12 May 2014

Filmore



I think this title sequence is really successful because it has a lot in it in such a short space of time. I've been saying that I need to keep it short and sweet but from watching this I really need to take some of the details from it. I think what makes this title sequence successful is that although there isn't a lot of animation in it there's a lot of fast cut shots, which makes the pace very fast and almost frantic.

When researching this TV (one of my childhood favourites) I discovered that the creator, Scott M. Gimple also worked on american dragon, which is also fast paced and a similar style which probably influenced the style of this show but also since this has moved to the walking dead. (In between he worked with Seth Macfarlane and on the simpsons) but it seems like such a big contrast I found it really fascinating.

What I want to take forward from looking at this title sequence is the simplicity in the animation. I don't think the book deserves the same pace as this as if it was a short it wouldn't be fast paced as there isn't much storyline to shot between, but keeping the animation simple yet effective. It has to be clean and professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment